So just a few weeks ago I decided I would go swimming again, as I wanted to do something else physical as well as my Re-bounding. I absolutly love swimming.
Did you know……
- An hour of vigorous swimming will burn up to 650 calories. It burns off more calories than walking or biking.
- Swimming strengthens the heart and lungs
- Swimming works out all of the body’s major muscles
- Swimming help reduce stress
- Water’s buoyancy make swimming the ideal exercise for physical therapy and rehabilitation or for anyone seeking a low-impact exercise.
- Swimming is a great cardiovascular exercise because you are moving against the water’s resistance, which is over ten times that of the air.
(facts taken from http://igentry.blogspot.co.uk/2008/05/interesting-facts-about-swimming.html )
So as you can see wimming is REALLY REALLY good. I try to go swimming at least twice a week.
So happy swimming everyone!! 🙂