I thought I would write a little about this as I have found it really interesting how my mind changed in fast mode. Through my fast I was drinking nothing but juices. I had also allowed myself to eat a few pieces of fruit a day if I really needed to, sort of a fruit SOS if you will.
What was strange is suddenly my mind switched to this ‘wanting mode’ I was sort of craving even idolising unhealthy foods that I couldnt have. The even funnier thing is now I am off my fast, I no longer want those things and I actually want juices!! It sounds a bit stange I know but our mind acts in very stange ways at time and 10 days is a long time.
I think sunnedly going fro being able to have anything to only having juices I found hard, one of the most difficult bits.
I am not going to be fasting again for a little while. I do feel amazing and interestingly my physical activity has gone up.
So what has come out of doing the 10 day fast for me??
- Better health, I know I have a lost a little more weight
- More physical activity. I now really enjoy exercise, both body & mind
- More meditation, I now have a good solid meditation practice
- A bigger want for juices!!
- An even bigger desire to live a healthy, fit and active life