Yes that right, this week is national Vegitarian Week, so if you arnt vegi then maybe this week is a good time to give it a try!!
I always think that it is important to know the benifits of anything before you do it, as that can give you motivation, why be vegitarian?
- Being vegitarian takes away all the worries of the care of animals & slughter of animals. Was the meat you eat reared humanly, was it killed humanly??
- Was the meat stored correctly or did cross contamination occur.
- What drugs was administred to the animal you were eating
- Are you comfortable with the fact that an animal has had to die so you could eat it?
I am not saying these points just to come from an anti meat perspective i am just bringing up the issues that eating meat involves. Vegitarians do not have this problems, yes we still have chemicals on our veg but you cant abuse a carrot in the same way you can a chicken or cow.
NATIONAL VEGITARIAN WEEK
Here is a link to the main website – http://www.nationalvegetarianweek.org
What is it all about?
Celebrate National Vegetarian Week by going meat-free – there really is no better time to give it a try!
Why not try and make this Curry and see that veggi food can be REALLY tasty!!!
Preparation time 5 minutes
Cooking time 35 minutes
110g dried soya mince
1 medium sized potato, peeled and cubed
1 pint vegetable stock
1 large onion, chopped
2 tbsp vegetable oil
4 tsp curry powder
1 apple, peeled and grated
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tbsp tomato puree
50g frozen peas
A small handful of spinach, shredded (optional)
4. If using spinach, stir into the curry for the last 5 minutes of cooking time and allow to wilt.
Recipe created by Jerry Howse from Cheltenham for the Vegetarian Society’s ‘Surprisingly simple’ member recipe competition, part of National Vegetarian Week 2013 (www.nationalvegetarianweek.org). Image © The Vegetarian Society 2013